We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. See details on the disclosures page
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure
Aldi is all about meat this week! And unfortunately not much else. Aldi is my number one store recommendation for doing Keto on a budget based on their great every day prices on Keto staple items.
Most weeks the Aldi sales flyer has at least 1 Keto vegetable, fruit and meat on sale. And you can build a great meal or meal plan with that. Then some weeks like this one, there isn’t much on sale to use in a meal plan.
When that happens, you have a few options.
#1. Rely on what is in your freezer or what is left over from last week.
#2. Shop at a different grocery store or farmer’s market that has produce or Keto fruits on sale. I love doing a one stop shop at Aldi, but when that’s not possible, make a few extra stops
#3. Buy from the selection of Aldi’s regular priced stuff. Aldi’s produce and frozen veggies have pretty reasonable prices. So if nothing is on sale and you can’t do option 1 or 2, pick up a few regular priced items just to get you through the week. Think salads, broccoli, frozen veggies. The price will be fairly low and you’ll survive a few weeks this way-especially since you are a frugal shopper!
The real trick to saving money on Keto is to use what’s on sale over and over throughout the week in different meals.
That way you save money, because you bought what was on sale and you don’t get bored, because you are just re-purposing those sale items at each meal into something tasty that you enjoy.
To help you on this money saving meal planning quest, I’ve put together some links to great recipes that use what is on sale this week.
Always Remember to check your local ad for sale prices and dates in your area!
What's on sale this week:
☑️Organic Grape Tomatoes: $1.69/pint
☑️ Organic Kale: $2.19/12oz bag
☑️Chicken Breast: $1.69/pound
☑️Strip Steaks: $5.99/pound
☑️Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs: $1.69/pound
☑️Organic Peanut Butter: $3.39/pound-I use this on a regular basis, no added sugar and low in carbs. You can find alternatives cheaper other places, but this is a good choice!
Feel free to share your meal pictures or experiences in the comments below or join our Facebook group and share with us there!
-When I eat breakfast (which isn’t normal for me), I LOVE to eat leftovers from the night before. So I’m just putting that out there as a suggestion. Don’t be so tied to “breakfast” foods, experiment, make your life easy and try leftovers for breakfast!
– Bulletproof Coffee (recipe here) This is my personal staple breakfast-coffee all the way!
– Low Carb Peanut Butter Berry Loaf (recipe here)
– Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Chia Pudding (recipe here)
– Peanut Butter Pancakes (recipe here)
– If none of these ideas suit you, go with the most traditional Keto breakfast…bacon and eggs!
Main Dish (lunch and dinner) Ideas:
– Keto Philly Cheese Steaks Skillet (recipe here)
– Keto Chicken Tenders (recipe here)
– Keto Coconut Chicken Curry (recipe here).
– Carne Asada Steak Salad (recipe here)
– Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken (recipe here)
– One Pan Chicken Thights with Cauliflower Rice (recipe here)
– Keto Greek Chicken (recipe here)
Side Dish Ideas:
– If you missed my spiel about veggies and sides, scroll up to see what I have to say about your options. Remember frozen veggies with butter and salad are great fall backs.
– Baked Parmesan Tomatoes (recipe here)
– Tomato Feta Salad (recipe here)
– Grape Tomato Stuffed Tulips (recipe here)
Dessert/Fat Bomb Ideas:
– Keto Peanut Butter Bites (recipe here)
– Cacao Peanut Butter Fat Bombs (recipe here)
– Peanut Butter Fat Bombs (recipe here)
– Sugar Free Low Carb Peanut Butter Mousse (recipe here)
Join the Keto on a Dime Tribe!
Subscribe to get our latest deals and updates by email.