Aldi is my number one store recommendation for doing Keto on a budget. They have great every day prices on Keto items-like heavy cream, cheeses, eggs, olives, pickles, and veggies. And I check the sales ad every week for more good deals. This week there are great prices on meat-chicken thighs, ribs ground beef and more! There aren’t a lot of keto friendly veggies on sale this week, so check other stores locally or rely on staple items at Aldi that are usually cheap (salads, frozen veggies etc). I’ve put together some meal ideas and links to great recipes that you can make with your bargain deals from Aldi. Remember to check your local ad for sale prices and dates in your area!
This week’s deals:
• Strawberries: $1.79/1 pound package
• Blueberries: $2.09/pint
• Boneless Rib Eye Steaks: $7.99/pound
• 73% Lean Ground Beef: $1.99/pound
• Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs: $1.69/pound
• Pork Ribs: $1.89/pound
• Turkey Burgers: $5.99/3 pound box
• Chicken Leg Quarters: $0.89/pound
Feel free to share your meal pictures or experiences in the comments below or join our Facebook group and share with us there!
There aren’t a ton of produce deals this week. Time to rely on frozen veggies, salads or deals from another store.
With all the meats on sale this week, you might consider stocking up and freezing the meats you enjoy the most. Also with warmer weather (for most), fire up the grill and go meat heavy this-think a more carnivore style keto!
– Strawberry Chia Pudding (recipe here)
– Keto Strawberry Muffins-only 2 net carbs (recipe here)
– Blueberry Pancake Bites (recipe here).
– Low Carb Blueberry Cheese Danish Coffee Cake (recipe here)
– If fruity breakfasts aren’t your thing, you can go back to basics with straight eggs and bacon (or some version of that)
Main Dish (lunch and dinner) Ideas:
– Reverse Seared Rib Eye Steaks (recipe here)
– One Pan Crispy Chicken Legs with Brussels Sprouts (recipe here)
– Spice Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters (recipe here).
– Grill or Pan Fry Turkey Burgers (on sale and pre-made). If you want to make these special, order some SmartBuns (here) and use code: KetoonaDime for a discount! These freeze well have have 0 net carbs.
– Pork Ribs with Keto BBQ sauce (recipe here)
– Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thighs (recipe here)
– Italian Baked Chicken Thighs (recipe here)
– Ground Beef Keto Tacos (recipe here)
– Ground Beef Keto Empanadas (recipe here)
– Creamy Keto Slaw (recipe here)
– Keto Quarter Pounder (recipe here)
– Ground Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry (recipe here)
Side Dish Ideas:
– Frozen veggies with butter
– You own favorite recipe with veggies on sale at aother store
Dessert/Fat Bomb Ideas:
– Low Carb Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake (recipe here)
– Strawberries and Cream Fat Bombs (recipe here)
– Low Carb Blueberry Cobbler (recipe here)
– Berries and Cream Fat Bombs (recipe here)