Here’s is a delicious keto version of classic bone-in pork chops, perfect any day of the week. You can often pick up bargain pork chops at your local supermarket, and when they are on sales always get some extra for the freezer.
The secret to this Keto Pork Chop recipe
The secret to this recipe is the pan jus! Jus is a french culinary term. A jus is basically just like a gravy but no thickener is involved. (which makes it keto!)
I use a bit of chicken stock and gently scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet with a spatula to make this amazing jus… (As explained here: “In order to prepare a natural jus, the cook may simply skim off the fat from the juices left after cooking and bring the remaining meat stock and water to a boil” – it’s simple!)
What sides with Keto Pork Chops?
Pair it with some veges and you’ve got an impressive meal.
Check out my Keto Sides for ideas! Pork chops goes well with keto potato salad or cucumber salad or keto coleslaw in summer, or if you want a warm meal try these amazing keto brussel sprouts, but you can use whatever you have around!
This recipe serves 4, but just half or quarter it if there is less of you! It’s very quick, it doesn’t take more that 10 minutes to prep and the pork cooks quickly.
Macros – per serving*
Net Carbs: 1.42g
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as medical guidance or advice. All information is based solely on results provided by HappyForks.com and is not guaranteed.
Keto Pork Chops
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. shallot minced
- 4 bone-in pork chops approximately 1/2” thick
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ¾ c. chicken broth preferably organic
- ¼ c. unsalted butter cut into chunks
- Optional garnish: 2 T. fresh parsley leaves finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-duty skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallot softens and develops a bit of color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with the garlic powder, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add the chops to the hot skillet and brown on each side, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
Transfer the pork chops from skillet to a platter and set aside. Add chicken stock and gently scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet with a spatula. Return the chops to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium low. Cover and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes or until chops are cooked through.
- Transfer chops to a serving plate and cover to keep warm. While the chops rest, add the butter to the skillet and whisk to combine with the pan sauce. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens slightly, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
To serve, spoon some of the pan sauce over the pork chops and sprinkle with fresh parsley if using. Pair with your choice of sides and serve immediately. Enjoy!