This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure
I hope you’re sitting down, because I am about to blow your mind. KETO TACO IN A BAG. You’re welcome!
If you don’t already know about Taco in a Bag, keep reading. If you do, you’ve already skipped and gone straight to the goods.
Traditional Taco in a Bag (also known as “walking tacos”) uses Doritos, Fritos or some other carb-y chip base and is then loaded with taco toppings. You eat it straight out of the bag with a fork-amazing right?!?!
Yes, Taco in a bag is now KETO!
Thanks to Quest Nutrition. They have recently released protein tortilla chips in both nacho and ranch flavor! And these protein tortilla chips taste shockingly like Doritos. So now you can re-create taco in a bag or walking tacos that are perfect for the Keto diet! And in case I didn’t mention it, the Quest tortilla style chips are only 4 net carbs per bag!
Why should you make Keto Taco in a bag?
Well, it’s easy and amazingly delicious. Think about the crunch of Keto friendly Dorito like chips, crisp fresh lettuce, your favorite taco meat with just the right amount of spice, cool sour cream and fatty black olives. It’s so fun!
This is also the perfect recipe for a birthday party, family get together, taco Tuesday. The ingredients are simple and probably stuff you already have around the house. And there is no clean up-since you’re eating right out of the bag.
What do you need to make Keto Taco in a bag?
The only real “required” ingredient is the chips. I ordered mine from Amazon, but you may be able to find them at a local health food store or on the Quest Nutrition website. Other than that, this “recipe” is completely customizable. If you have leftover taco meat, you can use that. Picked up a rotisserie chicken-use that.
My favorite way to enjoy Keto Taco in a Bag is with ground beef with taco spices, shredded iceberg, cheddar cheese, sour cream and a dash of salsa. You could also add onions, tomato, olives or your any taco topping. Remember most of these toppings have carbs, so make sure you don’t go overboard and you stick to your limit or macro goal.
Keto Taco in a Bag
Keto Taco in a Bag is an addictive recreation of the classic Taco in a Bag or walking taco. Savory taco meat, crunchy chips, gooey cheese, cool sour cream and all of your favorite taco toppings eaten right out of a bag of Keto "doritos". You can't go wrong. Eat them for lunch. Make them for a party. Serve them for taco Tuesday. The possibilities are endless. I can't wait for you to try, enjoy and love Keto Taco in a Bag!
- 6 bags Quest Tortilla Style Chips
- 1 pound of your favorite taco meat cooked and spiced
- 1/2-1 cup shredded cheddar depending on how cheesy you like your tacos
- 6 oz shredded iceberg lettuce
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 6 tbsp salsa
- 6 tbsp sliced black olives optional
- 6 tbsp diced tomato optional
- 6 tbsp diced onion or green onion optional
- to taste green chiles optional
1. Prepare taco meat-you can use beef, chicken, pork sausage-with you favorite blend of seasonings. You can also use leftover or meal prepped taco meat to save time.
2. Lightly crush (optional) and open the bags of chips
3. Divide and scoop the meat into the bag
4. Add toppings! All of the toppings are optional, but must haves for me are meat, cheese, lettuce, sour cream and salsa
5. Stick a fork in it and enjoy Keto Taco in a Bag
You can find the suggested chips here.
Nutrition information is not included since this will vary based on the ingredients you use.
Let me know if the comments if you liked the recipe. Happy taco-ing!