This easy Keto potato salad is a creamy, tangy, slightly crunchy recreation of classic potato salad and guess what? It doesn't use any potatoes (or cauliflower). The secret ingredient gives this Keto potato salad an authentic taste and makes you feel like you're eating the real thing. Try it today!
1. Prepare hard boiled eggs. I always use my InstantPot, but feel free to use your favorite cooking method!
2. In a large pot, bring 6-8 quarts of salted water to a boil
3. While your water is boiling peel and dice the jicama into small chunks. Try to keep the chunks similar sizes-they will cook more evenly and give the Keto potato salad a better texture
5. Once the water is boiling, add your jicama and cook on high uncovered until the jicama is fork tender (like a potato). This took me about 30 minutes, but cook time can vary based on the size of the chunks.
6. While the jicama is boiling, chop your celery and hard boiled eggs
7. After the jicama is fork tender, drain.
8. Let the drained jicama cool for about 10 min. Mixing the salad while the jicama is still warm allows the flavors to combine well together, but you can always cool completely and mix later (or the next day).
10. Put jicama in a bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate. This tastes best the next day, so my suggestion is to make a day ahead of time!